October 31, 2011

Tom's Garage

Way back in 2006 I snapped some photos inside of B.'s dad, Tom's, garage.

Tom has contributed mightily to the Bike Jerks cause over the last few years so likely you've seen some of his work, such as the HI-Five shirt, The Tom, and others such as this handbill from the first Track or Treat race:
pumpkinheadnoinfo

As you also likely know, Tom once owned a shop in St. Paul during the 70's and 80's.
IMG_2301
add drawn by Tom

IMG_2299

IMG_2298

Back in 2007 I shot these photos of his garage. I recently came back across them and thought you might like to see a peek at some of his tools and keepsakes.

The whole set is here on my Flickr, and over the week I'll post the photos of the two complete bikes I shot that day. (I say shot, but I've got to admit these are not the best photographs I've ever taken. There were some super interesting things but much of them were out of focus and back then I didn't take nearly as much time or have nearly as nice a camera.)

IMG_2193

IMG_2205
Tom's specialty was wheelbuilding

IMG_2212
what's that in the background?

IMG_2242

IMG_2215

IMG_2217

IMG_2284

IMG_2286

IMG_2291
drive train demonstrator

No comments: