June 10, 2010

Peacock Groove Project: Update

First of all I want to give a shout out to my friends at Cane Creek who hooked up one of their top of the line 110 Headsets
IMG_2920
Premium headset alloy sucka, and as an added bonus it comes with spacers machined to match.

Your mom rides a Chris King!

Secondly, supposedly my frame shipped out of Spectrum today. I didn't get the mid process photos I was hoping for so I have no idea what it looks like, but as you would expect I am excited as all get out. The only crap thing is that I fly to NYC on Wednesday and won't be back till the Tuesday after so I've got to wait a while before I can lay hands on it.

Hopefully the dudes at the Groove will send me some pics when they get it and I'll be able to post them up for you.

It's all really happening.

Previously
Parts
PG-40
Paint Jobs
Frame Drawing
Tubes
Fork and Dropouts
Bottom Bracket
The Clock Starts Ticking
Dropouts, Chainstays, Fork Crown
Part #1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Needs a "sotto voce" option. That's a bit too wordy for my tastes.

I'm sure it's a wonderful headset, it just has too many banner ads.

Jeff said...

I'll agree with you on the subtley as bonus.

However I am opposed to the colored Sotto Voce. The silver and black look okay (but so do the standard versions) but I think the colored sotto voce's are way gaudier than their old counterparts.

Anonymous said...

Agreed, but then again I think that any anodizing other than black/silver/pewter make a bike look like it's got a topcoat of trick-or-treat throwup applied.