November 3, 2010

Homey Fall Fest 2010

I just finished uploading my pics of the 2010 Homey. I know the organizers decided not to call it that, but we all know what it was, plus I can't actually remember the official name.

I shot photos all day, got way wasted, and didn't end up with any shots that I'm in love with. You'll find some of my favorites below and the rest can be found in my Flickr Homey set.

I also shot a little video of a certain ripper in training hitting people with a tree. Watch it, it's adorable and gives a great sense of the vibe of this year's Homey.



now the photos
IMG_5020

best costume
IMG_5018
his mom made it the night before out of that weird material they use for hotel thermal blankets, you know the ones with the grey backing color.

IMG_5024

this downhill was dope
IMG_5026
IMG_5027

what I assume is a Steve Smith original on the back of Gene's jumper
IMG_5030

IMG_5034IMG_5036

IMG_5043
IMG_5045IMG_5066IMG_5071IMG_5080IMG_5094IMG_5113

IMG_5114
the respect in the Ref's eyes says it all

IMG_5116
thanks for the bent rear wheel you son-of-a-bitch
(Pete I could never stay mad at you)

IMG_5118
Cru Jones, the later years

IMG_5136

as always tons of cool bikes
IMG_5016IMG_5023IMG_5028IMG_5077
I want this Bontrager Cruiser so bad

IMG_5130

and the worst single speed ever
IMG_5144

don't forget to check out the rest of the photos here

and because this is my last excuse to post this until next year, let's all watch the pixelated blood from this famous crash from years past.

1 comment:

Mel x said...

I have one of those Bontrager Cruiser's (which is what lead me to your blog!)a friend of mine bought it back in '97 from 'Action Bikes' in Brighton (UK) who imported it for him... it's all still original apart from the bars and the seat, it now has an S&M padded seat and black DK cruiser bars. It's been looked after and it's ridden weekly..

anyway, just thought I'd mention it.... I'll send some pictures if you like!!

melx