August 4, 2010

For Sale: Handbuilt Record Stand

I have outgrown this custom record stand/shelf/receptacle that my father made for me and have moved on.

I need to get rid of it, it's a sweet piece of furniture made by my dad, who's a totally sweet classic Wisconsin type.

It fits about four crates worth of albums, sorry I don't have exact measurements but I'm too lazy right now to go out to the garage since it's like 1:30 in the morning.

IMG_2296
The premise was to create a storage shelf where you could still flip through the records like you would in a crate. (those drawers pull out)

Records are heavy and you can only pull out one drawer at a time. If you purchase this I'd recommend bolting it to the wall with a couple of wood screws, but I never bothered to.

the asking price is $50.

shoot me an email if you're interested.

jeff at bikejerks

Oh and I also have a few items for sale that I was gonna throw on Craigslist but don't have photos yet. Since I'm making this post about the stand, might as well mention these too:

Brooks Ti Swallow, lightly used, w/spanner wrench $180 (doesn't fit me)

Campy Super Record 27.2 Seatpost, Ti head, single bolt $45


I should also say that if you're inclined to purchase something from the Bike Jerks store I recommend doing it now. I plan on doing a bunch of screenprinting in the coming weeks getting ready for the race, I need to finance this event, plus you can then wear that shit at some point during the bike party weekend. (it's not like wearing the shirt of the band you're going to see. And I always love to see a show of force at these things (especially all of the old hats that have been worn to shit) Represent the set.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I am interested in the record cabinets. They are fucking beautiful and awesome. I love them
I live in SF, CA but would pay for shipping and handling
please email me if there is any possibility in me purchasing these from you
thanks
Alex
contact: drone.head@gmail.com

Jeff said...

I don't see how, the thing is like five feet long, you don't want to pay shipping on that shit plus, where the heck am I gonna find a box to fit them.

Crafty said...

What color is the swallow/is it still available?