August 24, 2010

ACC 5 Alleycat Results

A huge thanks to all the cats who came out and enjoyed themselves this past weekend. Every year I look forward to organizing the ACC and every year at it's conclusion I'm sad that it's over.

Props to all the volunteers, Emily Anderson our awesome volunteer coordinator, Rox Box, and all the racers and partyers especially the out of towners who made the trek to be with us. This weekend was for you, the bike community, you make it possible, you are the reason MPLS is one of the best places to live in this country.

The start of the alleycat

All City Championship 5 Le Mans start from BikeJerks on Vimeo.



manifesting
IMG_4251
IMG_4247IMG_4252

IMG_4249
Martin and John. Martin would go on to win the whole thing and John would assume Martin's place as the 35+ Masters Champ

IMG_4255
Sprint Champ and second and third place finishers Treasure Crayton and Brauer Power

lined up for the start
IMG_4257

IMG_4260
Andy of Trash Bags stamps a manifest

IMG_4265
dub b's

Afterparty
IMG_4275
We had tons of good beer, thanks to Surly Brewing and our man Luther from Lakefront in MKE who brought up four quarter barrels. Luther you made my night!

IMG_4278

IMG_4281
fire skids

Results

IMG_4268
Men's winners

IMG_4270
Women's champ Jana

Alleycat Results
(I lost the official sheet so I'm going off memory)

Mens
Martin
Treasure Crayton
Brauer

Womens
Jana
Carrie
Amy C

Out of Town
Dawn (Atlanta)
Wes (Atlanta)
(apparently I messed up and a dude from Mankato finished in front of Wes, my apologies sir, I applaud your effort and hope you'll forgive the error)

Masters
Dawn
John
(both masters categories were actually won by the overall race winners, but since they were already getting stuff the win for masters passed to the next rider)

The course for the alleycat was way longer than I had anticipated with the winners coming in around 33 miles. I thought it was going to be more like 25, but if you've raced my courses in the past, then you know that I'm a terrible judge of distances.

Props to everyone who rode. I'll see you next year and I want you to know that you mean the world to me. I always get stressed out and crabby during the organization of events, and if I was harsh or cross with you, know that I was lost in the moment and just trying to keep things manageable by shutting out any outside voices or interactions. In actuality I like you very much and was super glad to see you. Especially all the folks representing Bike Jerks and All-City, I was stoked to see you flying the colors.

If you have photos or video from this weekend that you'd like to share with the blog readers please send them my way or put them up on flickr and email me the link.

See you next year,

xoxo
jeffrey

1 comment:

youmgtim said...

Yup im that dude from mankato. its all good, i had a great time, but damn i could use a wheel set...