May 9, 2010

Saturday in MPLS

IMG_2454
The Robeast and I went out for some gravel, ended up in the mud. I took the opportunity to shoot a ton of gratuitous All-City photos for potential use in upcoming promotional opportunities, cause you know, it's my job and I much prefer to use real life happenings in our ads than staged situations that are supposed to look natural but never really do.

pretty stoked on how some of the photos turned out, and I can't wait to take some pics of my new Groove in front of that MN or Die graffiti.

We headed out down to the low road in Bloomington via Fort Snelling, and then to Mendota Heights via the trail on the opposite side of the river. This is my new favorite afternoon ride, it's about 22 miles or so (totally guessing) with about 10 miles of dirt. If any of you out there are thinking about heading down there, though be warned that the mud is thick and you'll be doing a good amount of hiking over the sand dunes that have come in with the spring flood.

My Nature Boy down by the river
IMG_2410

Trevor's Big Block
IMG_2413
IMG_2425

Dirty Ace
IMG_2417
IMG_2420

IMG_2422
We passed some full kit roadies and Trevor and I exchanged knowing glances and a chuckle at our spandex clad brethren. I'm sure they did the same with regards to our cycling caps, wool jerseys, and stupid short pants. Two sides of the same coin, two living stereotypes. Although I bet we drank way more beer than they did.

abandoned ped bridge
IMG_2429
IMG_2427

few things make me prouder than seeing our velodrome bike covered in mud
IMG_2433
IMG_2434

Trevor got this sticker of a woman putting her underpants on in Thailand. According to a local who told him "sticker no good" this image means something to Thai truckers or something.
IMG_2435
Anybody out there know what?

IMG_2437
IMG_2440
IMG_2459
IMG_2461
IMG_2470
IMG_2482

3 comments:

mark$ter said...

Man that looks like a perfect day

mark$ter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
fomenter said...

nice bridge pics.