January 31, 2011

Favorite Things: KMC Rustbuster 1/8th Chain

IMG_6168

During November I start getting my winter bikes ready for the coming cold months. In many cases I haven't really ridden them much during the summer and their chains are the most common casualty of the neglect and prior year. My winter chain of choice is the KMC Rustbuster.
CHAN1005
They are readily available for $11 or less, work with most 8 speed chain tools (unlike some other 1/8th chains), and as the name implies are extremely corrosion resistant thanks to their grey coating made of I have no idea what.

IMG_6171
They do the job, last a whole winter no problem, and require minimal lubrication. One of the best values to be found in the bike world anywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had one on my bike for 15yrs with no problem,still waiting for it to wear out...