June 15, 2010

Real Bikes: Bjorn's Raleigh

This is Bjorn's Raleigh, it commutes, it races, it does 100 miles on gravel. In my opinion this is a quintessential Minneapolis (or at leaset midwest) machine, ain't nobody in Southern California with a setup like this.

Everytime I see him on it, it brings me so much joy that it is still alive and pounding out the miles.

look at all the different uses for old innertubes
IMG_4754
IMG_4751
This is a bike that can't just be imagined, it just slowly over time comes into it's own until lightning strikes.

If you can't see the beauty of such a bicycle, then you and I have very different ideas of what "it" is truly about.

*Edit
I spoke with Bjorn and he informed me that this bike is sadly now d-e-a-d, dead. Rusted through and busted at the seat tube bottom bracket junction last week.

R.I.P. awesome Raleigh

2 comments:

Jammin said...

I may be wrong, but I believe this pic shows that Bjorn's bike has recently died.

http://yfrog.com/3v8wgj

A moment of silence please.

bjrn said...

It's true, Mr. F has passed on to her next life as a piece of art on my wall. I'm working on a memorial blog post and photo retrospective for the bike that has carried me around our fine state in speed and style.