June 24, 2010

Brooklyn Machine Works Shop Visit

While in Brooklyn I made a point to check out Brooklyn Machine Works workshop. I have long been a fan of BMW, rode a Gangsta track, and currently own a Park Bike frame which is not yet built up. BMW is something of a legend in the bike industry, as they have always done things their way, and the fact that they create and manufacture downhill bikes and linkages in the USA is nothing short of amazing given the logistics of doing so.

I have spoken with Joe, the owner, many times and he has always been gracious and kind. I was stoked to finally put a face to the voice and see their shop.

Through the shop door
IMG_3126

I believe Joe indicated that this was one of the first Brooklyn BMX bikes
IMG_3127

I got hooked up with some new kicks (thanks Joe, you saved my life). More on this later after I put some more time in on them
IMG_3129

One of the raddest things in the shop is this 20" wheeled dual sus downhill bike that belongs to Joe's son
IMG_3131
IMG_3134
He must be luckiest kid in the world.

Crazy long bike that takes two people to ride
IMG_3136
one to steer and one to pedal. the driver sits side saddle on the top tube
IMG_3137

Blurry photo of Joe
IMG_3139

IMG_3140

Fabrication area
IMG_3141

Kyle from Tracko getting the shot
IMG_3143

IMG_3145

IMG_3146
I like the sunglasses on the butt

No comments: