August 5, 2011

Trash Bags Prize Bags for the ACC's!!!

I stopped by Trash Bags yesterday morning to pick up the prize bags for this year's ACC's. Andy had told me that the bag was going to be "epic" but he wouldn't tell me anything more than that as he was clearly enjoying his little secret.
This is the ridiculousness that awaited me.

IMG_9079

Hot shot took my Facebook profile picture and turned it into bag art. Pretty funny, but the joke's on him because I'm psyched.

IMG_9095
He did a real nice job on the applique work too.

This backpack is his new Garbage Incernator model and he was keen to take me on a tour of it's features, as it is in my opinion, the cleanest most sophisticated design he's done yet.

walk with me...

This thing is massive and can swallow a whole file box
IMG_9056

IMG_9055

and it's got straps inside for when you fill it up
IMG_9058

this is what the bag looks like with that kind of load in it, still closes easily
IMG_9061

on one side it's got a u-lock/bottle pocket
IMG_9064

and on the other a swing pocket for ease of access
IMG_9067

back view
IMG_9066

this is a real clever pen holder inside the main compartment, but I didn't shoot it with any sort of context to show you where it is. Sorry about that, but rest assured it's there and it's functionally awesome.
IMG_9068

lest you think this large pack would be unwieldy. It compresses down very slim.
IMG_9070

IMG_9071

IMG_9072

IMG_9073
Per Andy's request, this bag will be given to either the men's or women's out of town winner. Though I'm not quite sure how we'll decide which yet.

And the in town winner will receive this sweet custom hip pouch
IMG_9050

Huge thanks to Andy for making the ACC's substantially more special with this generous donation of his time, sweat, and creativity.

And to you folks out there, remember to support your own.

3 comments:

Natalia said...

I don't understand the design on the hip pouch... Poking a bull in the butthole?

Jeff said...

that's what Bridget said too, but it's a lion.

Though I feel like that should be my new motto.

"poking a bull in the butthole since 2005"

d*pow said...

Cool story, bro