While I was re-assembling my white Big Block I noticed that the plastic non drive cup of my bottom bracket was cracked. A common occurrence ever since the plastic cups were introduced.
Although they are fairly pragmatic for the job, it is easy to overtighten and crack the plastic.
The solution to this problem was nice upgrade from Problem Solvers, the Up Cup.
These nicely machined alloy cups are a little pricey at $25 a pop, but I like nice things and I'm sure that this will grace more than one bottom bracket.
On the install for some silly reason I found the fact that it didn't end up flush like the original piece disconcerting. But I'm sure after a while I'll get use to the symmetry.
This is the first time I've used one, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be awesome.