July 14, 2011

Up Cup

While I was re-assembling my white Big Block I noticed that the plastic non drive cup of my bottom bracket was cracked. A common occurrence ever since the plastic cups were introduced.

IMG_8633
Although they are fairly pragmatic for the job, it is easy to overtighten and crack the plastic.

The solution to this problem was nice upgrade from Problem Solvers, the Up Cup.
IMG_8636

These nicely machined alloy cups are a little pricey at $25 a pop, but I like nice things and I'm sure that this will grace more than one bottom bracket.
IMG_8634

On the install for some silly reason I found the fact that it didn't end up flush like the original piece disconcerting. But I'm sure after a while I'll get use to the symmetry.
IMG_8637

This is the first time I've used one, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be awesome.

1 comment:

Lt Greggles said...

problem solvers bottom bracket cup replacement..i got one about a year and a half ago, it seems to work pretty well. the plastic cups suck, im glad theres metal replacements out there.