June 23, 2011

New Capricorn Headbadge

for my track bike.

Yesterday I posted some photos of Brad's studio and today I reveal the reason I was there. It was finally time to lose my headtube decal and get a proper badge affixed.

IMG_8226

When I bought my Capricorn, it was during the early days of the operation and I neglected to put any decals on it, relying on the "C" on the fork crown to denote it's maker. A while later I acquired a head tube transfer and put that on to fly the Cappy flag.

Well, a year or so back, Brad had some silver badges handmade by a lady in Philadelphia and I've been meaning to get one ever since. Last night was finally the day it happened.

Before
IMG_8177

IMG_8183

IMG_8184

Process
IMG_8222

IMG_8249

IMG_8224
sizing up the placement

IMG_8228
making an indent to guide the drill

IMG_8263
putting in the screws after drilling and tapping

After
IMG_8268

IMG_8271

No comments: