February 23, 2009

Peacock Groove Gets Ready for NAHBS part 3

This is Part 3 of my little mini photo essays on Peacock Groove getting ready for the upcoming North American Handbuilt Bicycle Show. You'll have to check out the other entries to scope out exactly what's going on with the Appetite for Destruction and Kill Bill bikes. In my opinion it's worth the effort. And I apologize for all the flash photography. I dislike flashes as much as you, but the lighting in Erik's studio is all florescent and fairly dim, and the flash was the best way to get the photo. This is all very casual, I've just happened to run into Erik a bunch lately because he's in the neighborhood and little Matt (Bike Jerks official little bro and wheel builder) is building all of his wheels. Not to mention I'm trying to figure out a way to get the coin to have him build me the 29'er of my dreams. Anyway, here are some more shots of his workspace as he readies himself for the NAHBS this weekend.

check out the other posts: Part 1, Part 2

Yipes Stripes: Octagonal tubing, each tube painted a different color. Matching octagonal stem.


Revenge: check out the previous posts for more on this Kill Bill themed monster.

Appetite for Destruction: This is the rear disc wheel for his hugely tubed track machine with the pinup girl on the downtube. This is the inside cover work from GNR's album, a painting called "Appetite for Destruction."


Make bikes, go broke, fuck everyone. Peacock Groove Forever!

1 comment:

Sketch V said...

Man I am a big Williams fan and that rocks! Wish I rode a bike now,lol.
Well done.