May 20, 2011

Favorite Things: Pelican Case

If you're a reader of this blog you probably realize that at times I'm about as graceful as a hippo. I drink often, crash regularly, and am constantly doing dumb shit. Those things often happen outside the home, which means I'm on my bike, which means I have my backpack, which means I have my camera with me. I pretty much don't go anywhere without it, and so a few years back when I got my G11, I needed to find a case to protect it from my life. I seached and searched for a case that could do the job, but the soft cases that I found at camera shops and Best Buy were expensive and didn't look like they would survive daily life in a bag filled with tools and beer cans.

Then in a eureka moment I wandered into a shop that had a full stock of Pelican hard cases.
IMG_7611

It was cheap ($22), water, and crash proof. With this I can throw it in my bag and never ever worry about my camera getting blown to bits.

I do have to shim it a bit as it's not a perfect fit, but I've never had any issues and highly recommend them. They come in a variety of sizes to fit just about any camera or anything else you don't want to bust.
IMG_7613

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any chance you can mention the name of the shop with the pelican cases? Thanks

Sean