March 16, 2009

Trash Bags!

On Saturday when Mike stopped over to go riding, I couldn't help but be taken with his new Trash Bags messenger bag. For those of you who aren't familiar, Trash Bags was started last year by Minneapolis bicycle messenger, Andy Larson.
I have seen a few of his bags before, and each one is better than the last as he continues to improve and perfect his designs. For those of you out there who are looking for a new bag, I suggest hitting him up. His fees are more than reasonable for custom work, and you know how I feel about supporting the home team.

Check out that brand new cell phone holder


At the Velodrome swap meet in February I picked up this Trash Bags tool pouch and have thoroughly been enjoying it ever since. I currently ride a Banjo Brothers dry bag backpack which consists of an outside shell and an interior dry bag. One of the challenges with this design is that there are no pockets to put your tools, and as a bike mechanic I always travel with tools. I used to use two Salsa stem bags (black canvassy velcro bags) kept between the outside and the dry bag liner. The problem though was that the Salsa pouches weren't waterproof and my tools would get wet during a rain. I am happy to say that those worries are now over, as this tool pouch has solved my problems.

No comments: