October 3, 2009

Vanagon Update

As you may know, earlier this year I fulfilled one of my adolescent stoner fantasies by purchasing a 1986 Volkswagon Vanagon. Now it wasn't the Westfalia Weekender of my dreams, but it was a great place to start. Little by little I've been turning the Carmel Starship into my dream van. Earlier this fall my father built a new interior and yesterday I got a new set of wheels.
IMG_1916
the van's rolling on 16's now. Not only do they look way nicer, but the ride is noticeably improved and the tire life almost tripled.

If you're wondering why I'm so into this thing it's because I spent 8 months living out of my Dodge Caravan being a climbing and snowboarding bum and I love going on roadtrips. I was always jealous of the dudes in the VW's because they always had a way nicer living situation than me.

IMG_0397
can't wait to go to Wisconsin next weekend!

All I need now is the wizard mural

1 comment:

Vin-E said...

whoa!! our road trip never happened dude!!!! I know someone who airbrushes he hheh heh