November 26, 2011
For those of you coming out to race tomorrow's Low Road to Sibley house Bandit Cross:
1. This is point to point, if you plan on spectating, don't bother. Unless you ride ahead or meet us at the VFW, you ain't going to see shit. Instead I encourage all of those who don't plan on being competitive to come along and ride the route. It's going to be lovely.
2. Feel free to treat this as a race or a ride. I myself will probably try to cruise in a pack on the Bloomington side, then start jamming when we get to the other side of the river.
3. The course runs down the Low Road, and across the Cedar Bridge (there's a ped bridge under it), then down the other side and towards Mendota Heights. If you don't know the route, stay with folks who do.
4. Yesterday I rode all sections on Michelin Cyclocross Jets. A tire with very minimal tread, you should be fine on just about any cross tire, though I'd go wider if you have the option.
5. Today's rain will only make the sandy sections easier to navigate.
6. Do yourself and other racers a favor and put a fender on the back if you've got a clip on.
7. We need to leave promptly at 3 from Angry Catfish in order to pull this off. Be there early.
8. Ride your single speed.
9. Bring a change of clothes, we're getting beers at the VFW before riding back to the city.
10. So pumped. This is one of my favorite rides in the world.