August 12, 2009

South Side Suicide 4

Leif is once more throwing Southside Suicide this Saturday at 4pm
leif

Meet at One on One and bring a six pack.

All week I haven't been sure I was going to do this year's race. There's a super sweet drunk ride that day and I am old and fat and have shit for miles (I'll be pretty much coming right off the couch on this one). Also Skinny Randy has been winning everything in sight this summer. He's young, thin, unemployed, hungry (for respect, not food) and riding gears.
However I realized, this is a drinking race.
Not just a drinking race. My race. (two time reigning champ)
I may be dethroned, but you can bet your ass whoever wins will have to earn it.

See you there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it Jeff. (pick a motto from the following) "Go hard or go home!", "Age and Guile Beat Youth, Innocence, and a Bad Haircut" etc.

Randall said...

I'm such a lightweight. I dunno bout this one, although I was training tonight with whiskey.

Anonymous said...

When was the last time you did a race on a fixie? I've seen you with gears at every alleycat in recent memory.

Jeff said...

Well sir, the last race I did fixed was the 24 hours of Riverwest.

However I almost never race fixie, my mount of choice has always been the Benotto single speed. This year however I've been riding my Croll geared bike. (which I rode Stupor Bowl on)
The combo of gears being faster (they are, just admit it) and me being fat has lead to it's use.

I'll be honest, I'm not happy about it, but lately everybody is riding gears and you don't want to show up to a gun fight with a pocket knife.

It wasn't a dis on Randy at all, what I'm saying is that the kid is fast, and is riding the fastest bike possible. You can't gain back an advantage through machinery.

I hope to be fast by fall and start racing with proper style (one cog) again.

Peter said...

ditch the gears and have some beers.

Lando said...

I'm still retired.

And I'm going to a hippie music festival this weekend near Square Lake.

Give 'em hell, Jeff! You got Randy's by the balls!