October 26, 2011

Bandit Cross 6

IMG_0405
Alix negotiating a stream crossing

The rainy weather earlier in the day didn't stop the racing as some where around 25 racers lined up for the first race down by the Mississippi river. The course was technical and fast, and all racers finished unhurt and happy. All in all an amazing day spent in the woods.

A big shout out to Tim who helped clear and rake the trails with me before hand. Dudes like that make it possible for these races to happen.

Here are my shots from around the course. I rode the first two laps, then bailed to shoot photos.

IMG_0412
Ian on the singletrack

IMG_0417
This is the courses main feature. The stream crossing to scramble out.

IMG_0423
Here it is from another angle. Pretty rad, huh?

IMG_0426
everybody's favorite, the dude on the Nice Ride about to negotiate the hairy crawl up out of the stream bed. Spirit award winner for sure.

IMG_0444
second run up

IMG_0451
Martin on his way to second place

IMG_0442
S.K. after being king for a day

IMG_0458
lighting up a danger dollar

IMG_0459

IMG_0463

IMG_0464
congrats to the big winner, Brandon.

IMG_0465
happy racers at the finish

IMG_0471
please direct all questions to my attorney

IMG_0474

Thanks to all who showed, raced, spectated, and made the day so much fun.

All of my photos can be found in the Bandit Cross 6 set on my Flickr

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I <3 Bandit Cross! Thanks for organizing these.

TOMMY GUN said...

looking good, Englewood. Sorry I missed it, went to Cuyuna for a good mud bath.

TimP said...

Great day! Super fun course. I'm looking forward to seeing the complete vid on the event. Film crew thought they might want to film more Bandit Cross events just to get more footage. I think they got plenty of raking footage from this one.

Anonymous said...

This was a ton of fun. Thank you very much!