April 6, 2012

Favorite Things: Fox Sidewinder Glove

IMG_2954

I bought these gloves six years ago because they were one of only a few that filled my two requirements for a full finger mtb glove, knuckle protection and a snot wiper.

They've seen me through many trails and countless miles commuting. I'd say I easily have 10,000 miles on them.

Sadly, by the time you read this I will have given them the heave ho, as both thumbs have bitten the dust.

I thought I'd just buy a new pair, but unfortunately Fox has removed both the knuckle protection and the snot wiper from the current incarnation so I'll have to find something else.

Too bad, because hot damn did I get my money's worth out of the old pair.

I know I was making fun of Fox jerseys in the last post, but they sure do make a nice glove.

5 comments:

Snakebite said...

The thumbs gave out because you have highly corrosive snot.

Kyle said...

I have a pair of older Specialized gloves that look similar and have the same features. Holes in both middle fingers, but I still love them! Good luck finding a replacement pair.

Anonymous said...

let us know what you find for new ones!

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I too lament the death of the old Sidewinder design. I've bought a couple of pairs of the Fox Dirtpaw and they are pretty good. I've gotten used to the loss of the snot rag...

dpow

rdrey said...

I picked up a pair of Dakine full finger MTB gloves from Chainlove probably 2-3 years ago. They're still running and good. Neoprene knucks are pretty durable (I have handlebar-punched a few trees while on the trails) and they have a soft thumb for nose rubs (but you should be snot rocketing anyways!). All four of my fingers have blasted out of the ends of the fingertips on each hand though. But I think that's because I have long fingers. Anyways, I really like 'em.