September 27, 2011

Monday

IMG_9988

Took the day off from work and spent the day running an errand to the country and mtbing. First I went to a junkyard to get some seatbelts for my Vanagon, and then went riding at Hillside in Elk Creek with the dog. (Are you sick of hearing about my dog yet? Good. Me neither)

It had been a while since I'd been out to the trails there, and I've got to say they were pretty spectacular. The official signage says 6.2 miles but it's a hell of a workout, and they have the best man made features in the metro area. It's about an 45 minute to an hour drive out to the trails, but I hear there's some sort of commuter train you can take instead, but I have no idea how to do that. It was totally worth the trip out to Elk Creek and I got to do two rad things.

Since I know you're dying to know, Baroo did perfect on the trail. It's really cool to see him take to something so readily. He's a natural which obviously is pretty amazing for me.

2 comments:

J.R. Hunter said...

Elk River, bro.

agleck7 said...

Hillside is fun and certainly technical, especially on short climbs. But I think Leb has it beat on 'features' and def on flow and jumps. If you haven't been in a while you should check it out.