March 31, 2010

5 Year Anniversary

IMG_1607
Today marks five years since I stopped living out of my van and took up residency here in Minneapolis.

I don't want to get all introspective or anything, but I will say that I never expected my life to take such dramatic turns or to to be this good.

I've got a wonderful lady, a "cool" job, a nice house, more bikes than I can ride, a Carmel Starship, and am lucky to be surrounded by an amazing group of cohorts, ne'erdowells, cronies, mugs, thugs, and homies. I don't want to brag or anything, but I've got the best group of friends an asshole could ever hope for.

Minneapolis has been good to me.

Thanks to everyone who supports the races, reads the blog, or rides their bike.
Big thanks to the Bike Jerks family, you know who you are.

Bike Jerks 5 Year Anniversary is also coming up this summer, I'll likely throw a bike party or something for that, so keep your ears open.

P.S. you know what I'm doing today? I'm going to the dentist and getting a tattoo (separate appointments). The worst part is that not only am I getting a tattoo on my 5 year MPLS anniversary (I didn't plan it for this day. A friend at the tattoo shop called last week because they had an opening and she knew I was trying to get in) but I'm getting a Bike Jerks tattoo. The moustache skull. Only I'm totally not getting a Bike Jerks tattoo because that would be super stupid and I would never do that. I just happen to be getting a tattoo of a skull that a friend drew, that I used in a screen design. That's it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that't good to hear and I'm happy for you.
Maybe I'm just being a bit sensitive these days. Keep it up.

J.R. Hunter said...

You know it's okay to get Bike Jerks tattooed, you are Bike Jerks and there is no other.I once owned a Motorcycle racing company and I have my logo tattooed on my shoulder. I admit when my brother in law and I made the logo it was designed to be tattoo "like" but its all mine and it reminds me of how much fun I had those years every time I look at it. So I say own that Bike jerks tattoo bro! You will smile about it for years to come.
Headhunter Racing!

vin-E said...

YO! congratulations kiddddd!!!!!! Glad to have you here

Rydjor Bike Shop said...

I suppose since your ankle is taken you'll have to get it on the small of your back?

Kidding - happy for you Jefe. *Hugs*

Crafty said...

Congrats, that's awesome! (referring to all of the above)

Carmel Starship= van?

texasblows said...

I love you and your blog. I hope to ride with you someday.