June 14, 2009

Freeman Transport Gravel Racer more photos

Stopped by Behind Bars (my homies up in NE MPLS) on Saturday and lo and behold just sitting there was the much blogged about Freeman Transport Gravel Racer. Naturally I had to ride it and take some photo's.It was super comfy although it did take a moment to get used to the coaster brake hub. (oh why won't someone start making really nice ones again?) The bars were awesome and although looking at it I figured that my back would be too bent over, the position was actually extremely nice, and I felt like a true gentleman aboard this stately mount.
lovely patina on the copper fork

Freeman's own double toe straps


The bikes not painted, instead it's covered is some sort of wax (forgive me, but I don't have much info on the process)

rear coaster

And to top it all off, the Freeman headbadge, which Nathan actually crafts himself.

This is a truly stunning bike, as practical as it is romantic

1 comment:

Manny said...

Pretty much the same finish you would put on yer gun.